Friday, July 27, 2007

fave song4

Well, maybe this song may not be my all-time-favourite(in future, since i can't forsee future), but i really like it the moment i listen to it, hence i decided it deserves a place here, too. Song: Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park. I like some of Linkin Park songs since high school when they started gaining popularity among teens and young adults.

I dreamed I was missing
You were so scared
But no one would listen
Cause no one else cared

After my dreaming
I woke with this fear
What am I leaving
When I'm done here

So if you're asking me
I want you to know

[Chorus]
When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed

Don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory

Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest
[End Chorus]

Don't be afraid
I've taken my beating
I've shared what I made

I'm strong on the surface
Not all the way through
I've never been perfect
But neither have you

So if you're asking me
I want you to know

Forgetting
All the hurt inside
You've learned to hide so well

Pretending
Someone else can come and save me from myself
I can't be who you are

[end]

I like this song because they sang with wider vocal range in this song, and it is not really that hard-rock. That explains why i am not a total Linkin Park fan because i only accept a certain singing style of them. But they are really good in making music. Through the lines of their lyrics, sometimes i don't have to listen to -how- they sing the particular song, i already touched by the message they bring. Some, however, the lyric may seemed just plain (to someone who has average level of literature appreciation like me), yet they sing with great passion and this is the killng factor :-) I admire Linkin Park in how their songs in one album can mention about various issues, awareness etc, not solely about cupit love, which is the reason why i'm sick with most mandarin songs.

Ha, this may not be a very clear comment on what i think about Linkin Park. But overall, their rock songs are not annoying and no-so-rock songs are my favourite :-) that's why when Albert said he's thinking of buying Linkin Park's latest album, i was not surprise.

By the way, thanks Alia, for lending me your Minutes to Midnight, and enjoy your new Maroon Five too, hee hee. Also, thanks for dropping by KTSN to listen to my questions about adjudication. Alia's always been like my elder sister to me, and i always look up to her just like how i look up to Wey Wen, not only as seniors, but as a family member whom i can trust. Both of them are my senior debaters whom i've mentioned about in my previous posts. Fea, too, adorable one whom I'll always miss when she's not around making noise and killing people, hee hee. Since I've learnt how to load pictures in blogspot, here, pictures of:

Sweet Alia, in pink most of the time.

No, Fea does not always look so garang, she just likes to have a "variety" of facial expression. She's very loving actually *smile*


Always misjudged by other people as little girl, Wey Wen is also my course senior. She's holding the VC Cup trophy won by KTSN juniors last year.

That's it for this time, still enjoying Linkin Park songs :-) I'm glad to know how some of us are blessed with the ability to hear. Good songs always remind me of this great blessing. Hence, do more than hear -- listen.

No comments: