Sunday, June 29, 2008

of New Room and New Books


I've just checked in to my KTSN room. Same old location, but the room is not very same this time! :D

I was grumbling when all residents in my block, Block H (Yes, ONLY Block H) had to move out from their room during the last term break, unlike previously when we still can sort of rent a room and put our stuff in there so that we didn't have to bring all the stuff all the way back home. The reason being - the colloge wanted to renovate my block. We all knew that Pengetua wants to change all triple rooms into double rooms for juniors, and hence (logically thinking) some seniors room may be affected. Anyway, so there goes the renovation.

And TaDa~ my room remains a single room and I'll still be staying in the same spot, for 3 years in a roll! That is a good news, but a better one is - my room is also renovated! Well, at first I thought only the juniors rooms are affected.

They:
(1) upgraded my semented floor to tiles-covered floor;
(2) cleaned the spider webs from the ceiling and the dusts from the ceiling fan;
(3) and re-painted my room from pink to cream colour!

I am really thrilled by all these! Pink colour is fine with me. It is soothing and warm. But cream colour isn't bad either, as long as it's a bright colour. Besides, the wireless is back! Hopefully I still able to search for information starting next week when all the students are back.

New Books Targeted:
1. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch with Jeffrey Zaslow
2. Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela
3. maybe the biography of Nelson Mandela
4. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
5. The Silent Spring by Rachel Carson (Yes, I still can't locate the book despite the search system in Borders tells me that the book is in the store).

And since I found a lot of discount coupons for certain books in Kinokuniya and MPH, I'd also consider the following:
6. Evening Is The Whole Day by Preeta Samarasan
7. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella (my favourite chick lit author)
8. Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger (who is also the author of The Devil Wears Prada)
9. Sex And The City by Candace Bushnell
10. A Friend Like Henry - Nuala Gardner

Maybe it's a bit obsessive but that's what happened after a long break from the book stores!

2 comments:

Wanderer said...

wow!!! UKM really trying hard to go global la!!
yea, i rmbr the black wall, webs on the sealing, black color fan, n cement floor..
ur room ROX!!!!!!hehehehe
oh ya, now got wireless oso in kolej!!hehehe
have fun...

Wanderer said...

Hey Cherlinn,

I'm wonder whether it is possible for u to help me write an article for my blog at Youths Online about ur degree in Biomedicine.. hehe...

if can, please tell me, i will then give u a guideline of wat to include.... thanx...

n about my blog, maybe its coz i wrote a lot of stuff about relationship, so its mostly girls, guys dun normally like all the mushy stuffs.. hahaha