Monday, March 22, 2010

:)


From left:
1. A Spot of Bother - Mark Haddon
- Anyone can learn to write like Jodi Picoult, it's just that she is really good. But I guess no one can learn to even mimic Mark Haddon's style in catching one unnoticed. The writing style is quite different from Item 2, but it's nonetheless an enjoyable read. Wait, I think Roald Dahl was the one who's good at catching one by surprise. Hm..

2. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
- I bought this book because I needed to break my RM50 for Monorail. I thought it's better to buy something useful than some random stuff for this purpose. It was part of the 3 For 2 sales in Borders. But I bought only this book that time, hence paying its original price. It's the first time I did not fall into the temptation of discount *proud* After finishing this book in a week's time, I decided that it worthed the price I paid ;)

3. Songs of the Humpback Whale - Jodi Picoult
- It's the first Jodi Picoult's book I read. Can't say I adore it to the max, but it's still a good read.

4. My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
- I cried like, so many times while reading it. A beautifully written piece!

5. Salem Falls - Jodi Picoult
- Interesting court cases, and points to ponder on. But I don't like the witch part. Sounds vague.

6. Plain Truth - Jodi Picoult
- *ahem*checks calendar* When should I start reading this book..

7. The Pact - Jodi Picoult
- *still scrutinise calender carefully*

8. Handle with Care - Jodi Picoult
- Alas, fall into the temptation of Jodi Picoult, and bought this book. Half way through it. Her magics are still effective on me :)

9. The Prayer of Jabez - Wilkinson
- A gift from Jun Ling!

10. Bible
- NIV Backpack Bible for kids, hee hee

Favourite books which are not here:
1. Change of Heart - Jodi Picoult
2. To Kill A Mocking Bird - Harper Lee
- These two books, I borrowed it from library (1) and Kimberly (2) and loved them so much that I bought a copy each for myself.

3. For One More Day - Mitch Albom
- This book, I bought its hard cover version with 20% off, no regrets.

Books I'm going to buy next:
1. House Rules - Jodi Picoult
- I'm waiting for the smaller print of the paperback version. Azrul told me that it's only going to be here next year. Really? Sigh.

P/s: YES, Azrul is working in Kinokuniya! Azrul.IS.working.in.my.favourite.going.to.marry.to.largest.book.store.in.Malaysia! Azrul is working in... *faint*

No comments: