Friday, February 08, 2008

Chinese New Year Greetings

I don’t have much to write here except sighing that my Chinese New Year holiday is a relatively short but relaxed one. In less than two days time I’ll be back to Kuala Lumpur to study, and hence the end of my days on my warm bed and mouth-watering home-cooked dishes at home, as well as my favourite TV shows like Friends, CSI: New York, CSI: Miami, Simpson, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Yes Dear, According to Jim, My Wife and Kids, and other Chinese New Year special programs…until I’m back again.

Waiting for me ahead are loads and loads of homework, assignment, presentation, project, reports, the struggles between hymn class and debate training/tournaments during weekends, revision and last but not least, exam!

I haven’t been doing much studying since I am back. Basically the time spent in front of my laptop and TV is inversely proportionate with the time spent on lecturer notes I brought back. I still one report to type and well…should give it a start by tomorrow – after I’ve decided whether to straighten my hair again or not. Of course, it’s quite costly for this, but I seriously don’t like it when my hair is so out of shape due to the curly nature I’ve inherited from my dad.

Tell me outer look is not important and other people’s opinion about OUR outer look doesn’t matter. I’ll tell you what I like about myself and how I want myself to look the way I wish to, is the point girls throw money in a saloon and some even opt for plastic surgery disregard of the safety and cost. Seriously, not so much of what-people-say-it’s-how-a-beautiful-girl-should-look-like factors that influences me to straighten my hair, but the feeling of being a beauty queen OF myself. The smooth and soft touch of silky hair when I cares my hair and the confidence to double check myself on any shiny surfaces whenever I passed by one are the reasons.

However, I told myself I’d think twice before going through the straightening process again. The agony of sitting on the saloon chair for so long (6 hours, mind you!) and the nerve-wrecking pain when my hair dresser pulled my hair layer by layer with the electrical straightener are something I doubt I like to bear in exchange for the kind of hair you see in shampoo advertisement. And yes, it will cost my around RM300.

Arggh! No wonder a monk has to shave his hair. Less misery, huh? It’s a form of informed choice I made, anyway.

Happy Chinese New Year, everyone!

No comments: