Tuesday, May 15, 2007

wannabe a cashier?

Ha~ that's the question i got from my current boss Mr. Yap through a phone conversation on last Sunday, the Sunday when I just finished my debate training camp in KTSN.

Previously i went to this supermarket JMS near my house to be interviewed for a (part time)job there. Well, i was turned down because I can only work for him not more than one and a half months. Honestly speaking, it wasn't the first time I was turned down due to short duration of availability. Whenever i tried to look for a job during my semester break, i get this reason in return all the time.

The invitation however, seemed to come in the perfect, if not better timing. Come to think of it, I went for the interview before my debate training with a desperate heart. It could just be a slip of tongue for me to promise my boss that I can start work at any time, and leave the hassel to negotiate with my boss about taking leave for my debate training camp later. Or maybe I'd just give up the training-cum-selection camp? because I've felt the pressure when I read the motion list Ai Huey posted to me. Now, I've been through the training camp and was selected, then only come the call, hee! So I might just go to work obediently till end of June and earn myself some extra pocket money.

I've negotiated with Mr. Yap today regarding my departure in the end of June. He said it's fine, as long as I inform him 3 days before I leave. I started my work late (4/6/07) and am thinking of leaving early (not on the last day of June la), I can't help but to feel pai seh(guilty) la. Hence, I offer to work even on my off days. Dealed. I'll be working full shift during my off-days.

First day at work, as usuall, you got to ask for guidance and learn from "seniors" there. I was given the job as a cashier. So I'll be working with this cashier machine at the counter for most of the time. Other time will be spent chatting and lepaking around the supermarket when there is no customer or when I'm not on duty as a cashier, hee hee~ Hope this machine is willing to work with me also, as I have a kinda high level of technophobia. Things seemed to be OK for the first day because my "senior" who taught me about the machine said I learnt pretty fast, yay!

There are more things to be written about even it's just the first morning shift in my first day at work. Things about my seniors-cum-first friends at work who are ever so cheerful and helpful at the same time and my *ahem* handsome group leader who (disappointingly) is a smoker...NOOO~~ handsome guy should never smoke..smoking just spoilt their reputation and make me have to kick them out of my *ahem* list. sigh..

OK, got to sleep now, tomorrow I'll be working from 10am to 10pm(full shift). And I really don't want to be late for work.

No comments: