Monday, August 30, 2010

35

One of the good stuff that exists in KL is the variety of bookstores to visit. Within Bukit Bintang itself, there's a Borders in Berjaya Time Square, an MPH in BB Plaza (accessible via Sungei Wang Plaza as well) and Times in Pavilion. Even if I've always thought that both of these MPH and Times bookstores here are less impressive as compared to Borders, it surprises me that most of the time I wander into it, I won't leave empty-handed. I even know a part of Times in Pavilion so well that I can close my eyes and walk myself to the literature section, with comics section (where I got my two Garfield comic books) right next to it.

A few blocks away from Bukit Bintang area is Kinokuniya in KLCC, the one I want to marry to. Not only because it's the biggest bookstore in Malaysia, but also because it's the only bookstore that offers jacketing service for books bought there. I always drowned in words in text as I visit it. Rows after rows of bookshelves, with patrons flipping pages after pages, I guess these contribute to the smell of books in it. I've always loved the smell of books published in recycled papers. And I love the unspoken culture of sitting wherever you like and start reading. Because stumbling upon an interesting book is like fate. One may even have not heard of the book or author before, but he or she may keep you turning the pages! Sometimes, all I want to do is have a little retreat in a corder of a bookstore and comfortably chew the words, be transported into the content of a book and undisturbed.

2 comments:

Humayra' said...

hehe.. then u've a lovely time in kinokuniya this afternoon. ^^

Gine said...

Yeah EXACTLY! I was thinking about that, too, hahaha =) I wrote this post before I went out today. And my afternoon had been great with you and Fiz (nama glamor Hafizah :p) around! Totally enjoying every moment :)