Tuesday, September 07, 2010

30

It was a pleasant day in the city. Two individuals asked me for direction on separate occasion that day.

First: From Sg. Wang Plaza to Low Yat Plaza
I can count with my fingers how often I have visited Low Yat Plaza in my entire life. No matter how many times I've walked the back street in Bukit Bintang area, I still cannot trust myself to arrive wherever I want to go untill I finally reach the place. And yes, I still get lost in Sg. Wang Plaza.

I was on my way to Berjaya Time Square passing by the front door of Sg. Wang Plaza.
Tourist: Excuse me, may I know how to get to Low Yat Plaza?
Me: Oh.. er.. It's just right behind this building.. *pointing at the entrance to Sg. Wang Plaza*
Tourist: er..
(I know I had not been helpful! But I really not sure the direction to go to LYP through SW, which I think is the fastest way?)
Me: Oh, are you alone? Or are you waiting for your friends?
Tourist: Er.. Yes, LYP?
Me: No, I mean, are you with your wife or girlfriend, or anyone?
(sounds kinda wrong to ask this question, no? sigh)
Tourist: Sorry I don't understand.. It's ok, it's ok.
Me: No. no! Because if you're not waiting for anyone, you can follow me now, I'm going to a place that will pass by LYP, I can bring you to LYP now.
Tourist: Oh, Ok. Thank you very much!

And we walked. I happened to use a new route that day as well, as I think going to BTS via SW during lunch time is not a great idea. Along the way, I kept hoping I won't humiliate myself, by volunteering to show the direction yet got lost together. Haha.

In the end, we didn't get lost! And we went our separate ways, leaving me a happy person :)

Second: From Wisma Cosway to KLCC
It's just a short distance. After work, I decided to walk to KLCC for BookFest from my office in Bukit Bintang, passing by Pavilion. This guy parked his car in Kenanga building and wanted to walk there, but he's confused with the direction towards there amongst the high rise buildings around. Sometimes, I do, too. But it was just a day before that I discover a path that enable me to get back to the right track even if I've made a wrong turning at the beginning of the road.

He was walking in front of me and suddenly stopped and looked across the car pack, hesitating if he should walk back to the original point. I asked him if he wanted to walk through the car park, and I showed him the "newly discovered" path of mine. We walked through the car pack, had a pleasant chat. He was suppose to had dinner in Pavilion but since it was buka puasa time, all the restaurant were full house. Then we parted as I walked towards KLCC, him to Kenanga building where he parked his car.

Again, it left me feeling happy, to be able to show direction to others (when myself is a very geographically challenged person, haha!).

1 comment:

Xu Vin said...

woohoo! confidence boost! :P